Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet Tooth Saturday!

I have been obsessed with cupcakes lately!!  I have a ton of awesome recipes that I've been dying to try...so I decided to start on some yesterday!  I made a lot of cupcakes {4 dozen  cupcakes to be exact!}  Here's a recipe for one of my new favorite cupcakes...



Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
 Prep Time: Cook Time: 18 minutes Difficulty: MEDIUM Serves: 24


You will need...
For the cake
1 box white cake mix
3/4 frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed out
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites

First, Preheat oven to 350, put cupcake liners in the muffin tins.

Combine all of the cake ingredients {first 5 ingredients} in a mixing bowl.  Using your electric mixer, mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to medium speed for an additional minute. 

Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.

Bake @ 350 for about 18 minutes {baking times vary based on your oven!}.  Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.


Pink Lemonade Frosting
For the frosting...
1 stick {1/2 cup} butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tbsp pink lemonade concentrate
red and/or yellow food coloring 

Combine butter and shortening in large mixing bowl, use hand or stand mixer to cream butter and shortening on high speed for about 3 minutes, or until light in color.

Add powdered sugar {I did this one cup at a time, mixing it together a little before I put the next cup in}  

Mix on low for 30 seconds, then increasing the speed speed to medium for an additional minute or until sugar is incorporated.

Add 2-4 tbsp of pink lemonade concentrate and mix on high until light and fluffy looking.

I used a wilton 21 tip for the decorating.





No comments: